new guy, newbie questions.

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Mon Jan 21 09:57:58 PST 2002

> To get a working and useful system on a CD takes 500Mb.

I have a bootable iso with a very minimal static system to chroot into
that is 98.6 MB (103,465,642 Bytes).  It consists of Repairlix, the
~10MB minimal static LFS system somebody posted about a while back, the
lfs-packages-3.1.tar, and patch-2.4.17.gz from kernel.org  I hope to get
this a bit smaller by modifying the minimal LFS sytem to be the one that
actually runs when the CD is booted.  Hopfully it can be 90MB somday or
smaller.

Cheers,

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org