new guy, newbie questions.

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sun Jan 20 12:33:46 PST 2002

On 2002.01.20 02:35 Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 10:42:18AM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > On 2002.01.18 22:34 Felipe Contreras wrote:
> > >
> > >Well, it might be worth to mention that the ALFS project was
> intended
> > >for LFS users, in order to automate the process that normally
> should
> > >be
> > >done by hand as the LFS book says. If you intend to become one of
> us
> > >(build your whole system) then this is the right place.
> > >
> > >http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
> > >

> > Not really, in my case the lfs profiles are just great for testing,
> > because if they work most likely anything will. ALFS is (hopefully,
> > eventually, etc) going to be useful for whatever you want to
> install.
>
> It might be, but that's not the main goal, at least not now.

I'm confused then, what do you see as the main goal at the moment ? If
all someone wants is to build LFS without all the typing, then a
straight shell script with all the build commands is certainly easier
to do than anything we have here at the moment, it just isn't as easy
to modify and extend. Apoligies if i'm misinterpreting you.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org