new guy, newbie questions.

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sat Jan 19 02:38:15 PST 2002

On 2002.01.18 11:41 Rob Landley wrote:
> Okay, I've been subscribed to this list for two days and received
> about five
> emails, so I doubt this is going to get lost in the list traffic. :)

I think everyones got that January feeling :)

> Where's the FAQ and HOWTO for this project?  I can't find them.  (If
> there
> AREN'T any, I'm probably going to start writing simple ones since I
> have to
> learn all this gorp to begin with.)

Generally its such a small sphere of interest at the moment there isn't
a need, but if you get interested then that would be cool.

> There's two toys I can download, one written in C, one written in
> perl.
> According to the web site, the perl one is official but unmaintained.
> (Huh?)

If you want to play with perl rather than C, look at

http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.uzumati

The stuff in official CVS is way out of date now. Jason, would you mind
mentioning this on the web site intro page, i think its gonna start
confusing people, if you dont have time i can try and whip up something
and send it to you.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org