new guy, newbie questions.

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 02:17:17 PST 2002

Rob Landley wrote:

> I'm not a newbie to linux.

> I was just wondering if there was a faster way to get started than to
> recapitulate phylogeny on the whole project.  The web site doesn't have
> anything resembling a "getting started" section, that's all I wask asking
> about...

phylogeny is all Greek to me.

I could send you a bootable LFS CD.  I use it to install LFS on empty
machines and just let a script run overnight.  You still need to set up a
kernel, lilo.conf and fstab before the new system will boot.

Its got lynx, LFS source, book and hints on it.

You would then become another of my unofficial and unpaid testers.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org