new guy, newbie questions.

Felipe Contreras al593181 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Fri Jan 18 14:34:18 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 06:41:10AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> Over the next few days I'll read the archives and play with the programs on
> my test system.  I'm just kind of curious.  (The web site mentions KDE.  Are
> you that far, or is this a wish list item?  It doesn't say...)

Well, it might be worth to mention that the ALFS project was intended
for LFS users, in order to automate the process that normally should be
done by hand as the LFS book says. If you intend to become one of us
(build your whole system) then this is the right place.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

I'm sorry but I'm not using any ALFS version so I don't know exactly how
it's working, but I've installed KDE, Gnome, Enlightenment, each and
every stuff I want, mostly with my own tool (everything using sources).

If not then, as Jason said, there are some other projects that are more
user friendly:

Sourcerer
ROCK Linux
Gentoo