syntax

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Mon Jan 14 13:48:41 PST 2002

On 2002.01.14 16:13 Neven Has wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 09:56:58PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > > I added them to play with find-like searches a bit, to track files
> of
> > > installed packages and log them.
> > >
> > > I planned to ask whether we should include something like this in
> the
> > > syntax (I'm not too happy about it, tracking files is an ugly
> thing).
> >
> > I'd say this is something that should go in an implementation config
>
> > file rather than in the profile. I've currently got mine hard coded
> > into the <package> handler, and was planning on bringing them out
> into
> > a preferences style config file when i've got the thing working
> > properly.
>
> I agree, but there is a problem with using different options for
> different
> packages. I think that should be allowed - for example start
> directories
> should be different inside and outside <chroot>.
>
> I haven't thought about that much, there might be some easy solution?

I suppose, but do you really think it will be necessary to do this ?
The exception of course is chroot, i've really tried to ignore this :)
I think we need to differentiate between chroot ala LFS, where you have
a completely new installation base and so probably want a separate
installation record, and where the chroot is just to install something
on the base system in a safe way, so you want to add it to the base
installation record. This is heavy, i'm going to have to go away and
think about this :)

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org