Programming alfs parser

Felipe Contreras al593181 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Sat Jan 12 19:06:52 PST 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 02:38:18PM +0000, Paul Campbell wrote:
> I can see it working after a fashion, and avoids the shell intercommunication
> problems well.  The problem is chroot.  Will this work.... (physdo bash)

Well, I that's the only solution to "intercomunicate". You have to
create bash scripts or commands and save the output somewhere.

> #!/bin/bash
>
> cp /tmp/current-script $LFS/tmp/current-script
> chroot $LFS /tmp/current-script
>
> ?
>
> Where would the output go?  Maybe
>
> chroot $LFS /tmp/current-script > /tmp/current-log
> cp $LFS/tmp/current-log /tmp
> cat /tmp/current-script
>
> ?

I do
chroot $LFS /static/bin/bash --login -c "$1"

And iside that script I have defined different output logs.

> Anyway, any help would be gratefully recieved, even if it's only to tell me
> that I should give up and learn more programming before trying this.  Or
> possibly that you don't think Java has a chance.

Personally I don't think Java is a good language for this, but Xslt
seems pretty good and a lot of other implementations might benefict from
it.

I don't think this is really a parser, it's a parser + script generator.
I'll choose Perl, Python, or C instead of Java but I've not tryied Java
in Linux anyway, that's just my opiniion.

--
Felipe Contreras
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org