linux on Flash Disk

plainfield plainfld at eth.net
Wed Jan 9 22:14:12 PST 2002

Hello,

Pl tell me , I have a new flash disk .. I want to put linux on it and
make it bootable, is it possible to just do "makefs" on the Flash Disk
and create dir's like /root,/boot,/etc/ ..etc and put kernel in /boot
and put programes corresponding to commands like "ls, mkdir, rmdir, etc"
in /etc...and make it fully working linux OS on Flash Disk.
It will be really great is someone answers my question.

Bye,
Prakash Shekade

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org