New element (<su> ?)

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Feb 28 05:14:06 PST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:08:58 +0100 Neven Has <haski at sezampro.yu> wrote:

> Peter van Kampen sent me a patch for nALFS to include a new element:
>
> <su username="lfs">
> </su>
>
> that does this.
>
> So this would be a good time to propose a new element as a part of the
> syntax. Maybe with another name, but I think this is just what we need
> for new LFS versions (and in general).

I think for standard LFS this is too much. Standard LFS needs only a way
to specify the default chapter 5 user and the default chapter 6 user.
Specifying a user for every package is not very useful unless you're
trying to support the package user concept, for which you would need more
than just the above tag.

MSB
--
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago -

The second best is now!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org