Syntax, shall we?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Feb 27 02:36:17 PST 2002

[ considering global <dir> per package ]

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 07:25:00PM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> > I've been thinking about it.  Tossing the idea at Gerard prenselty.  I
> > know this has been suggested alot in the past.
>
> I think Gerard actually though this was implemented, or at least was
> planned, so he seems cool with it.
>
> C'mon guys, speak up.  I'm pretty sure all of you problably want this
> implemented either way, but id really like to hear your opinions about
> this.  Best way to implement it, etc.

It would save a lot of typing, but I'm not that happy about it. It just
looks too much like a global variable to me (not parsers-wise where I
wouldn't implement it like that). It somehow takes that
"self-containibility" (am I still talking english here? ;) from elements
that's going to use it.

But that's just me, and since it would be useful anyway...

> Should it just be like <dir> in the <info> tag? thoughs!

I don't think that it belongs in there at all. I would say it's more like
a "technical data", then package info. But I don't see where else could
we put it?

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org