planned failure

Brendan Taylor craftian at subdimension.com
Sun Feb 24 20:39:24 PST 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 08:02:11PM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> That isn't quite true.  I've done chapter 5 profiles all as my regular
> user, so su doesn't get installed in this case.  Granted if you had all
> your profiles as one big set, then you would have to be root, or figure

Yeah, but I guess I just figured that doing the one chapter by itself
would be a waste of time.

The reason chapter 5 is installed as non-root is so that you can't slip
up and overwrite host system files, right?  So in a properly set up
profile this isn't going to happen and it doesn't really matter if you
do chapter 5 as root.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org