planned failure

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 24 20:02:11 PST 2002

Yo,

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 07:56:37PM -0700, Brendan Taylor wrote:
> I know it's not needed, but you can't do an su in the middle of an ALFS
> build (I don't think), so you have to do the entire install as root.
> Which means that su will be installed.

That isn't quite true.  I've done chapter 5 profiles all as my regular
user, so su doesn't get installed in this case.  Granted if you had all
your profiles as one big set, then you would have to be root, or figure
out how to su to root once you get past chapter 5.  I wonder if su does
actually work, you would think..everything else seems to work fine :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org