planned failure

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 24 05:56:39 PST 2002

On Sat, 23, Feb, 2002 at 08:15:48PM -0700, Brendan Taylor spoke thus..
> Sorry to mess up your threading, but I just joined the list and have
> nothing to reply to.
>
> Mark Hymers wrote:
> >sh-utils fails with an error (which we intend) because it can't install
> >su
>
> As far as I know, you can't install a proper ALFS system without being
> logged in as root, so su *should* get installed, right?
Not in chapter 5 it shouldn't / can't due to the fact we now do ch5 as
an unprivaliged (sp?) user.  su gets installed when we install sh-utils
in chapter 6 properly.  It isn't needed in the chroot environment.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					BLFS Editor
markh at linuxfromscratch.org