planned failure

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Feb 20 03:33:27 PST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:13:31AM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > Okay, here's one to get the grey matter working. Any ideas for a tidy
> > way of flagging a profile step that you expect to fail ? Now that
> > you're all looking confused i'll try and make some sense :)

We could solve this together with adding some support for that automatic
error correction planed for the future. But instead of trying to do anything
to correct an error, we can just ignore it.

There were some discussion in the past about this. For example, I remember:

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfs-backend/2001/01/0050.html

but there were probably more.

> Actually, this may be an issue when you all try and write the LFS-3.2
> profiles.  The chapter 5 installation of sh-utils fails with an error
> (which we intend) because it can't install su.

Oh good, more fun. ;)

> Will this cause you lot problems?

Actually, that might be a good reason to start thinking about something
like the above.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org