planned failure

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Tue Feb 19 14:44:44 PST 2002

Okay, here's one to get the grey matter working. Any ideas for a tidy
way of flagging a profile step that you expect to fail ? Now that
you're all looking confused i'll try and make some sense :)

I have a profile containing a make step that will fail, that's ok
because it's supposed to fail. I'm actually cross compiling the Hurd,
which requires going backwards and forwards between half builds of gcc
and glibc amongst other things, the first builds of which will fail
because the other isn't built yet.

Unfortunately, put this in a profile, with a -k param to make, and it
still returns and error code and halts the profile. I'm thinking maybe
a new element in <make>, <configure> and the like, or maybe even
everything, to say ignore errors. Or perhaps an attribute, that may be
more appropriate. Any thoughts ?

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org