Syntax, shall we?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 12 23:28:00 PST 2002

Yo,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 07:06:25PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> This might be the reason for keeping <base> and multiple targets. I can
> imagine lot of people using <execute> to save some typing and profile size.

Well... even with base, it wont stop people from using <execute>.  In
reality, you could write an entire profile using <execute> and not
bother with any of the other tags, at all.  If you honestly wanted too.

So i honestly don't consider that a reason for not wanting to go this
way.  Now, personal preference is personal preference... i won't debate
on that ;)

> Although it _is_ nice when every directory has its own element, without
> extra nesting.

IMO, it's where id like to go.  The hole point of an XML parser is todo
all the parsing for you, so that all you have is the raw data you need.

I honestly don't want to parse text, before or after, the XML processor
has dealt with it.  It's the same issue with <include> if you ask me...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org