various fixes in patch form for perl FEBE

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sun Feb 3 04:37:45 PST 2002

On 2002.01.25 19:53 Kerry Scott McLeod wrote:

> This solves issues with the perl febe.

I presume you mean the one in CVS ? In case not, in reference to mine :-

> The issues I fixed were as follows:
>
> Handler changes:
>
> 1. shell metachars not expanded properly in Move.pm due
> to system being called with multiple arguments instead of a single
> string
> argument.

Fixed, don't use system here any more.

> 2. shell metchars not expanded properly in Permissions.pm due to
> perl's
> chmod call being used as opposed to a call via system with one param.
> Please note: i'm sure there are other handlers that don't handle the
> metachars correctly.. but when I was building my profile.. these are
> the
> one's that effected me.. and thus the reason I selectively noticed and
> fixed them.  Please do NOT use system with multiple param calls.. if
> possible use system with a single string.. and if you need multiple
> vars
> in it.. just append your string together.  System with multiple params
> does NOT expand shell metachars.

Fixed, globbed out metacharacters prior to the function call. Hopefully
i found all the handlers with this problem :)

> Changes specific to backend:
>
> 1. Initialize twig with the NoExpand param set to 1... this makes
> &quot
> and other xml escapes work properly.

Well smack me on the head with a mountain donkey ! Just as i stop using
twig too :) Still, nice to know, thanks.

> 2. Message strings being passed to the backend
> are now checked for null before being parsed.. this
> fixes the parse problem frequently referred to as the "-1
> problem.." that you guys would encounter at the end of your profiles.
>
> (The error message was only seen in the output from the backend.. so
> if
> you didn't notice it.. it only means you aren't as big a pedant as I
> am -
> this is most likely a good thing :) ).
>
> Thank you for paying attention to the ravings of a loud-mouth
> malcontent.
> -HalcyonBlue
>
> --

Restructured alot of the messaging stuff.

> 					 			-Kerry
> Scott McLeod (nitrogen at cc.gatech.edu)

Ah, just noticed this is against the one in cvs, thats cool, thanks
muchly for the NoExpand tip, had me going round in circles for ages !

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org