Syntax, shall we?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 1 07:53:48 PST 2002

Yo,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:05:23PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> This looks good to me, including <setup> and <install> instead of
> <prebuild> and <postbuild>.

Anyone else have anything to say about it?  Cause i've never really
liked <prebuild> or <postbuild> after we started redoing the syntax.

> I would still rename <meta> in something more descriptive, but I can't
> think of a better name - <info> or something... or not. :)

That's actually not a bad idea.  I just used meta..as well didn't know
anything better, <info> it is, or does anyone else have a better
keyword?

> instead? Copy&pasting or not, this is too much for my taste. :)

Nono, i'm talking about ditching entire support for multiple targets per
mkdir tag, so like instead;

<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man1</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man2</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man3</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man4</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man5</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man6</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man7</mkdir>
<mkdir>&LFS;/usr/share/man/man8</mkdir>

Dunno, i'm game todo this... it doesn't require *that* much more typing,
imho.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org