How well does it work?

Dhek Bhun Kho bhun at chello.nl
Fri Dec 20 08:59:10 PST 2002

Op vr 20-12-2002, om 15:27 schreef Vassili Dzuba:
> Personnaly, i started to write one not because i don't like nALFS
> (on the contrary !) but as a way to learn more about linux programming
> and to try a few other approaches.
Uhm hi I am kind of new. But I am doing about the same. I am going for
integration with java/gcj/ant into the lfs system. But Ant is like a bit
broken at the moment when you build it with gcj. (haven't had time to
help yet, because I still haven't finished the basics of my development
system, I just check the bugs at the moment) And its not a real ALFS as
long as it's just silly scripts. That's why I chose gcj/ant, because you
got like easy to parse config files for the end-user and low-level
integration to make a real alfs. This is going to take like ages....

The trouble is that a lot of things are very dependent on the current
system you are using if you are setting up a LFS system. Like the last
time I tried, before I by accident removed everything (rm -Rf * as root,
yes I am silly) using Gentoo to get into LFS a lot of the LFS configured
and maked as supposed too. Now I am running mandrake 9 and a lot of
things are totally broken. The book isn't much help on that. They should
have liked included a hint like run ldd /static/bin/* and watch the
output. I just assumed (never assume) that all the config settings were
right. Glibc is a real terror.

Greets bhun.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org