How well does it work?

Vassili Dzuba vassili.dzuba at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 20 06:27:14 PST 2002

Hello,

"Karl Eggert" <karl_eggert at smaximum.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
hf060v8ii5d2dq6qbpostnhk58kn746p39 at 4ax.com...
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:20:46 +0000 (UTC), haski at sezampro.yu (Neven
> Has) wrote:
>

> >Unfortunately, no one can be... told, what the ALFS is. You have to
> >see it for yourself. ;)
> >
> >There are three parsers that are actively being developed:
> >
> >http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.uzumati/
> >http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net
> >http://www.beotel.yu/~has/projects/alfs/
> >

> nALFS is working very well. I haven't tried the other two (simply got
> no time :)  but this simply works.
>
> There is one thing I've been wondering about for quite a while now.
> Why are there 3 parsers that are IMHO doing the same thing? Looking at
> the ALFS website gives me the impression that ALFS seems a bit dusted
> (which obviously isn't true ;)

Just because it is a lot of fun to write one and it is not too large a
project, i guess...
Personnaly, i started to write one not because i don't like nALFS
(on the contrary !) but as a way to learn more about linux programming
and to try a few other approaches.

> Another thing: What are the guys working on LFS use? ALFS or do they
> have their own set of scripts? Since I'm only building the cvs-version
> of LFS I thought a cvs-profile coming along with it would be nice so
> the user doesn't have to adapt the profile for himself.

I hope to have the time to write one next week.

> Karl.

Vassili Dzuba

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org