How well does it work?

Karl Eggert karl_eggert at smaximum.de
Fri Dec 20 04:03:26 PST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:20:46 +0000 (UTC), haski at sezampro.yu (Neven
Has) wrote:

>Unfortunately, no one can be... told, what the ALFS is. You have to
>see it for yourself. ;)
>
>There are three parsers that are actively being developed:
>
>http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.uzumati/
>http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net
>http://www.beotel.yu/~has/projects/alfs/

nALFS is working very well. I haven't tried the other two (simply got
no time :)  but this simply works.

There is one thing I've been wondering about for quite a while now.
Why are there 3 parsers that are IMHO doing the same thing? Looking at
the ALFS website gives me the impression that ALFS seems a bit dusted
(which obviously isn't true ;)

Another thing: What are the guys working on LFS use? ALFS or do they
have their own set of scripts? Since I'm only building the cvs-version
of LFS I thought a cvs-profile coming along with it would be nice so
the user doesn't have to adapt the profile for himself.

Karl.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org