How well does it work?

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 09:26:08 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm a bit of a "silent" witness.

I watch and read this list and used Neven's nALFS to build my systems. Once
you have worked out how the profiles work, it is pretty straight forward to
write them for your own needs.

nALFS works, very well. I have two profiles I use:

1) A modified LFS, based around the current LFS-cvs version, plus some bits
for me; like it builds the kernel, adds bootscripts etc. (Basically, I can
start this off, go to bed and come back in the morning with a new LFS system
built and ready to roll.

2) My own blfs profile, that builds what I want into my system. This
includes libraries, apps, X and the like. Both work.

Hope this helps.

Al

news:6D31D5429FA6884CBE9ECAB6C9B5E6A901074E at intel-srvr.patcameron.ne.mediaon
e.net...
Hello all,

First off, I would live to grauvel, like most others I'm sure.  I would
like to thank the community for developing, and continuing to develop an
open-source, community based project like ALFS.  It gives me hope for
the future.

Anyway, I would like to know to what degree does ALFS work.  In other
words, what components work, which ones do not, and which ones are on
the edge?  How configurable is it with regard to which packages to
install, and the such.  And, lastly, how active is the support and
develoment of the ALFS project.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you may provide!

Sincerely,
Thomas Cameron
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org