BLFS profile

Vassili Dzuba vassili.dzuba at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 17 01:19:18 PST 2002

Hello,

"Neven Has" <haski at sezampro.yu> a écrit dans le message de news:
20021216184203.GD242 at farm...
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:32:41PM +0100, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> > If anybody is interested, I updated my BLFS profile
> > at http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net
> >
> > It contains now 174 packages and is based on version 20021209
> > of the book.
>
> The first four TODO items in the latest nALFS are added after checking
> your profile. It's huge, and I was completely lost. Which I loved
> of course. :)

It follows quite closely the BLFS book, and uses the same structure
as your LFS profile, except that i doesn't define an external entity for
each chapter but instead put the references to the entities containing the
profiles
of the specific packages in the BLFS.xml file.

Of course, the consequence is that is is not meant to be executed
sequentially.
I plan to define sub-profiles for specific applications (e.g. simple
desktop,
kde desktop, gnome desktop, web/mail server, etc).