nALFS-1.1.3

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 01:06:55 PST 2002

Neven Has wrote on Monday, December 16, 2002 6:28 PM
> Mostly cleaning code and fixing bugs. Changes are at the usual place.
>
> I have also created a nALFS.xml profile, which is available at:
>
>     http://www.beotel.yu/~has/projects/alfs/profiles/nALFS.xml
>
> So if you already have some ALFS parser installed, try it. After all,
> we do want other people creating the profiles for their packages like
> this, don't we? ;)
>
> It uses <reference>, so you can just get the profile, and let your old
> parser do the rest. It's fun. :)
>
> There is also:
>
>     http://www.beotel.yu/~has/projects/alfs/profiles/libxml2.xml
>
> for version 2.4.30. No need to update the library, but why not, it's
> easy. ;)

  These profile are going along the same lines of how I use nALFS now.
I have a single settings.xml file that is used by all profiles on the
system. Each individual profile has its own entities that are profile
specific (name, version e.t.c). It makes updating or checking version
number e.t.c a little more time consuming (have to open each profile
rather than the profiles entity) but I think its worth it.

  Anyway, as an example, a 'normal' package would use a profile similar
to this. BTW I use XInclude for all my profiles hence the <alfs> tag.

--------------------- X Snip X ----------------------------

<!DOCTYPE alfs SYSTEM "../nalfs.dtd" [
        <!ENTITY name "pcre">
        <!ENTITY version "2.9">
        <!ENTITY package "pcre-&version;.tar.bz2">
        <!ENTITY unpack_directory "pcre-&version;">
        <!ENTITY download "http://pcre.sourceforge.net/src/&package;">
        <!ENTITY % settings SYSTEM "../settings.xml">
        %settings;
]>
<alfs version="3.0">
        <package name="&name;" version="&version;">
                <stage name="Unpacking a package.">
                        <unpack>
                                <reference>&download;</reference>
                                <archive>&packages_dir;/&package;</archive>
                                <destination>&build_dir;</destination>
                        </unpack>
                </stage>
                <stage name="Installing a package.">
                        <stageinfo>
                                <base>&build_dir;/&unpack_directory;</base>
                        </stageinfo>
                        <configure>
                                <param>--prefix=/usr</param>
                        </configure>
                        <make/>
                        <make>
                                <param>install</param>
                        </make>
                </stage>
                <stage name="Clean-up.">
                        <remove>&build_dir;/&unpack_directory;</remove>
                        <stamp name="&name;" version="&version;"/>
                </stage>
        </package>
</alfs>

--------------------- X Snip X ----------------------------

> Of course, first check out the profiles, they both use /tmp for
> everything. And hopefully there won't be any problems if you're using
> the old nALFS and installing to the same locations.

/tmp is what I use also.

> Neven

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org