another problem in LFS-20020708

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Fri Aug 23 16:27:16 PDT 2002

I started to run the profile LFS-20020708 into an empty partition,
and i found a little problem :

- in chapter 4 (file chapter4.xml) we create &LFS;&build-dir;
  that is /mnt/lfs/usr/src

- in chapter 5 (file mounting_packages.xml), we have :

  <stage name="Creating &LFS;&packages_dir; as &lfs-user;.">
	<stageinfo>
		<user>&lfs-user;</user>
	</stageinfo>

	<mkdir base="&LFS;">
		<option>parents</option>
		<name>&LFS;&packages_dir;</name>
	</mkdir>
  </stage>

  that is, we create for instance /mnt/lfs/usr/src/packages-20020708

But we created /usr/src as root, and never changed the permissions on /mnt/lfs/usr/src,
so that the creation of /mnt/lfs/usr/src/packages-20020708 as user lfs fails.

Similarly, if we create this directory before running nALFS, the unpacking of the
various packages in /usr/src will fail.

To be able to run the script, i changed manually the permissions of /mnt/lfs/usr/src to 777,
but we should maybe use a more elegant solution

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org