LFS-3.3 install script

Conrad Newton conrad.newton at broadpark.no
Fri Aug 23 08:38:36 PDT 2002

Notes on the script:  install-lfs-3.3

The script requires that you have first downloaded
the lfs-packages-3.3 and lfs-commands-3.3

Then you have to edit the commands to suit your system,
according to instructions given in the lfs-book.

The script is a passive or "stupid" script, meaning
that it will only do what you tell it.  So if you
have special optimizations you want to include,
you have to write them into the lfs-commands . . .
The only point with the script is to save you
the trouble of sitting at the computer for five
hours typing in one command after the other.

Despite its stupidity, the script does do some minimal
error checking.  It will not execute if you have not
edited the lfs-commands, for example.  If you run the
script as an ordinary user, it will only check to see
that you have edited the lfs-commands, without changing
anything.  To install the lfs-packages on /mnt/lfs,
you must run the script as root.

The script is located at

http://home.broadpark.no/~aklepp/newton/lfs/install-lfs-3.3