ALFS again & again & ...

Adrien BEAUCREUX informancer at afturgurluk.org
Fri Aug 23 02:28:23 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:19:44 +0000
"Rui Ferreira" <ruifmferreira at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Adrien BEAUCREUX <informancer at afturgurluk.org>
> >AFAIK the goal of ALFS is to abstract from a shell, making a profile,
> >in order to increase reusability(?). The other advantage in my mind,
> >is that the syntax is somewhat simpler than the shell, so someone who
> >is not a shell wizzard can write a profile.

First argument is a misunderstanding of mine, oops (note the '(?)' at
the end of the sentence). The second is first-hand experience :
I'm unable to make a really good bash script, but I can write a ALFS profile.

> >But if you are talking about a CALFSAN (Comprehensive ALFS Archive
> >Network), it can be a good idea.
>
> Hmmm, let me brain my feed! No, can't sence this in a way to make
> translate to me!
> Syrro!

adaptation from the faq found on cpan.org

"What is CALFSAN?

CALFSAN is the Comprehensive ALFS Archive Network, a large collection of
ALFS implementations, profiles and related software."

Yes, there is the ALFS page, Has' page, Mark's page and links to follow
to find the profiles. But I mean something like a centralized place
where people upload and download profiles. The idea being "If it's not
there, it won't be any where else". In the same order of idea, but
slightly different : something like freshmeat for profiles.

That answers to your question ?

informancer at afturgurluk.org
c00kM4st4 at afturgurluk.org
--
Quand une mouche se pose sur un plafond,
fait-elle un demi-tonneau ou un demi-looping ?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org