ALFS again & again & ...

Adrien BEAUCREUX informancer at afturgurluk.org
Thu Aug 22 05:36:53 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:02:11 +0000
"Rui Ferreira" <ruifmferreira at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ALFS in the cvs is stalled and (AFAIsee) is not going the way of
> arranging the commands in a bash script; and neither of the others do
> that.

AFAIK the goal of ALFS is to abstract from a shell, making a profile, in
order to increase reusability(?). The other advantage in my mind, is
that the syntax is somewhat simpler than the shell, so someone who is
not a shell wizzard can write a profile.

But if you are talking about a CALFSAN (Comprehensive ALFS Archive
Network), it can be a good idea.

> This is an official newbie attack.

This is an official newbie answer.

informancer at afturgurluk.org
c00kM4st4 at afturgurluk.org
--
Quand une mouche se pose sur un plafond,
fait-elle un demi-tonneau ou un demi-looping ?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org