ALFS again & again & ...

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 05:02:11 PDT 2002

Hi,

Here I am again striking on the same key.
As I previously thought, many of you have your little scripts to automate
the process of building LFS.
ALFS in the cvs is stalled and (AFAIsee) is not going the way of arranging
the commands in a bash script; and neither of the others do that.
Since the book is about:"... the process of creating a Linux system from
scratch from an already installed Linux distribution,...", how about "one
way to write a script to automate the process of...". Something that you run
in your host distro with the packages allready downloaded.
It has been a good exercise for me and some details have been pointed out in
recent threads.
I know I'm just a proto-candidate-to-beginner but I'd like to gather all
into one with the best ideas all of you come up with.
All I'm asking is to tar.bzip your scratches and send'em down, even if
they're broke and whatever version they're suppose to build. Just don't send
the sources with it.
If people at alfs-discuss don't mind (Jesse & Co), I'll be there dusting off
and sweeping the floor, waiting for you. (I'll be a sitting duck - just
shoot me down).
I'm posting this mail here(lfs-support) because that's where everybody is.

This is an official newbie attack.

Rui Ferreira

Converse com seus amigos online, faça o download grátis do MSN Messenger:
http://messenger.msn.com.br

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org