New Profile - Static Sep & Cross Compile & Native Compile

Neil Matthews neil at minimad.net
Thu Aug 1 12:54:37 PDT 2002

Hi,

I have been reading the mail archives since November.  I
think its about time I posted.

This profile is largely based on Neven's CVS profile in
v1.1.0, but I have gone back to gcc-2.95-3 & implimented
the cross compiiling hint.

This profile uses one of two main xml files, the first
{Native.xml} compiles LFS using the architecture of the
building system ie i686 generates i686.

The second xml file {Cross.xml} compiles LFS using the
architecture that your define in the file {entities/cross}
so i686 can generate i486 etc.

Both main files use the same files all the way through
with certain settings changing based on entries in
{entities/cross or native}.

Let me know what you think.

This is only a first go at a profile but it has
sucessfully generated a i586 system from a i686.

Neil
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org