Newbie Help with nALFS and enviroment variables

Royce Smallbone smallbone at royce.net
Fri Apr 26 16:05:20 PDT 2002

Hi,

I am experimenting writing my own ALFS script for compiling Xfree and KDE
plus all the necessary programs.

I have got stuck with a problem compiling QT-3.0.3.

I am trying to set the enviroment variable QTDIR=/opt/qt3 but whenever the
configure runs it does not see this as being set. Bugging out with QTDIR is
set to "" when it should be /opt/qt3.

I have tried this with the <command></command> way, and the tag
<setenv></setenv>. But I can get neither to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Royce
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org