make menuconfig.

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Tue Apr 23 02:50:58 PDT 2002

On 2002.04.22 08:40 Lee Saferite wrote:
> As for client/server ALA ALFS (in perl?) well, you
> could
> at least use the simple text based one and pipe the i/o over the
> control
> connection, no?

Yes you could, I've given some thought to this in the past but was
never quite happy with what i came up with. Best i could come up with
was having an "interactive" flag in the syntax, causing the backend to
send output to the frontend which would then wait for a response, send
it back and the backend would give it to config or whatever. However i
wasn't at all confident about getting my inputs and outputs to
correlate, which wouldn't be too much of a problem now i think more.
Dunno how i'd get round different input methods though. For instance
some configures, and i'm thinking generally here not just autoconf,
might grab a single character without waiting for a return, if you give
one of these a string followed by return things might go a little odd.

Pseudo terminals might be a better solution but i really have no idea
how they work !

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org