cvs commit: ALFS/halfling/src main.c Makefile.am

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 17 13:15:36 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:07:38AM +0200, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> Well, it's not to be overseen, thinking of all those CVS messages flying
> onto the List ;-)

Oh..really? ;o

> Heheh. Honestly, no. I gotta clean my flat, write SMS's to that first
> girl ever that seems to show some interest in my person, read the constantly
> incoming eMails and ... eerm ... go for a walk. Yep.

Go, Go, Rapha!

> Maybe not with your halfling (I might be not the first asking, but why do
> you call it 'halfling', and what does it mean?) but with _some_thing. ;)

Well.. Back when i was hacking on my 2.4.4 profiles, i was trying to
figure out a name that i could release the profiles under (instead of
just the 'highos-profiles-<version>' i ended up using) and i got
thinking about my nick.. alfs.. and the Lord Of The Rings theme that
Gerard started with the lfs. (that's a different story thou ;)

So, 'halfling' kinda fit well for that, and i've been using it
since, more as a code name however... can't really think of anything
better thou *g*

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org