nALFS-1.0.5 released

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Apr 17 10:20:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:44:45PM +0200, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> That's good that you're posting something about nALFS.
> Puts me into the comfort of just pressing the reply button.

Come, come, pressing that other one (compose new/write/whatever)
shouldn't be that hard. ;)

> 	Hmm. There's libxml and libxml2. Which one to take?
> 	Neven says 'libxml' on his website,
> 	so I'll go for libxml-1.???.
<snip>
> 	DAMN! It doesn't find xmlversion.h! And the compiler
> 	takes about -I/usr/local/include/libxml2!
>
> Hint taken, Neven? ;-)

Yeah, it is. :) You're right, I should address that library as libxml2.
Assuming that everybody know libxml is old and depreciated is wrong.
I'll fix that.

> Actually, there's another thing about
> it: I install *everything* that is not in the LFS book
> with --prefix=/opt --sysconfdir=/etc/opt (NO, I do not want
> to discuss that, lovely people who might want to flame this
> now. Erm. Yeah).
>
> That means also libxml(2) has got that prefix.
>
> Maybe you could take care of that?

Adding Autoconf is already in TODO for that exact reason. The problem
is - I have never used it before. So unless somebody volunteers to
implement it, I'll have to go and read some docs on the subject. :)

But it _will_ be in the next version, I promise.
(That promise should make me implement it ASAP. ;)

Thanks,

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org