nALFS-1.0.5 released

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 17 10:19:21 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:44:45PM +0200, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> 	Yeah ... you know, that gnome-xml thingy.

It's not really gnome-xml anymore.  Way to many other projects are using
it, not to mention even KDE these days.

> 	Ah, kay, then let me get it from ftp.gnome.org
> 	... there it is already.

Actually ftp://xmlsoft.org would problably be faster.. in terms of
finding it :)

> 	Hmm. There's libxml and libxml2. Which one to take?

Generally speaking nobody in there right mind should be using libxml1
anymore.. there hasn't been a new release of it in ages and is no longer
being maintained..apart from waiting for other gnome related pkg's to
upgrade to libxml2, afiak.

> Hint taken, Neven? ;-) Actually, there's another thing about
> it: I install *everything* that is not in the LFS book
> with --prefix=/opt --sysconfdir=/etc/opt (NO, I do not want
> to discuss that, lovely people who might want to flame this
> now. Erm. Yeah).

Ain't, no big deal.. Rapha were you half asleep when you did this? :)

Open up nALFS-1.0.5/src/Makefile and modify the CFLAGS variable.

CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/libxml2
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/libxml2

Is what is default.. little sed should fix that up.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org