nALFS-1.0.4 released

Raphael Schmid raphael.schmid at gmx.de
Sun Apr 14 16:12:34 PDT 2002

One advice from me, having built LFS on a 486 laptop, too:
 - DO crosscompile. Glibc will either take >100hours
   or fail entirely when compiled on the machine itself
 - If you want X, use 3.3.6 - 4.x sucks on a 486
 - Do not use any window manager more bloaten than twm.
   Blackbox or so will probably be a reasonable choice.

As for the ALFS profiles, I believe someone has posted a
crosscompile profile some days ago. I see no problem with
using that.

   Regards, Raphael
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org