nALFS-1.0.4 released

AG agroz at 2z.net
Sun Apr 14 12:19:59 PDT 2002

  Sorry!

I'm at home with a vicious case of the flu and loaded with cold meds and
I'm obviously not very rational at the moment. At least I get to spend
some time wrapped in a blanket in front of the computer ;-) catching up
on email and projects

Basically what I need is some help to build an install script for the
old Duracom laptop I have. Writing it from scratch would take too much
of my time. I need to build a very minimal installation that can be done
over a network, has pdf graphics display capability, and is more or less
486 optimized (meaning fast loading) with ftp and decent browsing
capability.

   Do you know anyone working on some similiar project that could help
me get a jumpstart on this? The laptop is mostly a technical help field
tool - for example, if I go to a customers house to troubleshoot a
plugin card, I use it to download newer drivers for the card and
transfer them over a network or floppy to the customers machine.
Currently I have Debian on the machine to do this with but I'm
frustrated by the limitations I encounter there.

I've never built an install script from scratch and I'm a bit
overwhelmed :-(

AG
Thanks for the rational response, I'll try to stay so *achooooo!*

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org