nALFS-1.0.4 released

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Apr 14 12:12:33 PDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 01:35:54PM -0500, AG wrote:
> since I have you online, Neven, I'd like to ask a question (which is
> probably a dumb one / answered elsewhere, but here goes)
>
> I have a 486 laptop I use for field work (ok, I'm cheap) mostly to
> store drivers and docs on when I'm troubleshooting a long way from
> the store.
>
> I'd like to build a networked/pdf-html-txt etc reader out of it using
> LFS - been lazy, haven't gotten to it yet ;-)
>
> do you have any suggestions? I like this little laptop because it was
> a built-for-the-geology- field model and it's extremely rugged even if
> it is old (powering it off of makita drill batteries, heheh - lots
> cheaper than paying a hundred bucks for the replacements)
>
>    Mainly what I need to do is build an install script for network.
>
> I primarily do winsucks troubleshooting so fast pdf load is a must

I have a little problem understanding what exactly do you need? :)
A profile for some software, I guess? But what's the "install script
for network"? And "networked/pdf-html-txt reader"?

Just some pdf-html-txt reader? That "network" confuses me totally. :)

But in general, if you need some profile, the best you can do is to
check out the links on my home page (for example), and see if something
similar to what you need exists.

Hints at http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/ might also be useful,
if you fail to find the profile you want.

What we need is a single place where people could send their profiles
- something similar to the way managing hints works.

But what you need might not be the profile at all, since I don't
understand you very well. :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org