nALFS-1.0.4 released

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Apr 14 10:38:06 PDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 01:07:48PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Another bug:
>
> I: Executing system command in /:
> xI:     chown 0.0 lost+found
> x-: chown: getting attributes of `lost+found': No such file or directory
> xE: Execution failed (1).
>
> I'm on reiserfs partition, that doesn't come with a lost+found directory.
> You may want to take this into account. There may be more file systems not
> using that dir, so adding a "if dir exists" check would be nice, or a
> "continue even if this one fails" (ala make can ignore certian errors if
> they are known to fail sometimes without it being a fatal error).

Yeah, and there are more similar issues - using glibc-2.1.x or not,
sed in Fileutils, copying NSS files or not etc.

There were a lot of different suggestions about stuff like this (like
various IFs, CASEs, options etc).

It's definitely something we should take care of syntax-wise,
to minimize the need for editing the profiles.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org