Syntax draft (DTD)

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Apr 4 05:47:19 PST 2002

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 06:17:26PM +0200, Loïc Péron wrote:
> Here is my little contribution to alfs:
> a DTD greatly inspired from ANT's way of
> doing things. It can surely be extended
> and improved, but it is the way I think
> I would like to write an alfs profile.
>
> Waiting for your comments ... (positive
> or negative, I don't care untill it is
> constructive and makes me learn :-)

I don't know about others, but I could agree having more attributes in
the elements like this.

This syntax is quite different from what we're using now, so it might be
a big shock for us all. ;) But that shouldn't be a stopper, I guess we
could combine the two?

Your sentence "it is the way I think I would like to write an alfs
profile" is an interesting one. Maybe we should rely more on XSLT and
actually allow people writing the profiles in their own syntax. Then,
we wouldn't have to kill ourselves here by trying to create the Perfect
Syntax.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org