new perl alfs

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Apr 3 04:33:39 PST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:05:21PM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> Normal place http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.uzumati

Congratulations. :)

> The one major difference is the removal of support for the old syntax
> style, the old processing has been removed and as a stopgap profiles
> will not be processed unless the <alfs> version begins with a '2',
> though we really need to work out some consistent versioning :)

Now it's too late, but it would be better if we named them like 0.1
and 0.2, so that the new, official syntax, could be named 1.0.

But I guess it doesn't matter, we can use the new one as default and
still have version="2.0" for the current. It will be removed too,
eventually.

> I have no idea how many people still use the old syntax, but it was
> becoming a pain, and will be more so if we implement <stage> or any of
> the alternatives that have been discussed.

We have mentioned removing the old syntax a few times already, and I
didn't see any complains about that. I don't know if what means
something though. Anyway, now that you have broken the ice, I'm
probably going to remove the support for it also, in a version or two.

If nobody starts complaining before that, that is. :)
(And I suggest you do, if you're not using version="2.0")

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org