new perl alfs

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Tue Apr 2 05:05:21 PST 2002

Normal place http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.uzumati

Nothing particularly exciting, XInclude works and some new optins for
<copy>.

The one major difference is the removal of support for the old syntax
style, the old processing has been removed and as a stopgap profiles
will not be processed unless the <alfs> version begins with a '2',
though we really need to work out some consistent versioning :)

I have no idea how many people still use the old syntax, but it was
becoming a pain, and will be more so if we implement <stage> or any of
the alternatives that have been discussed. There is an XSLT stylesheet
on the web site to convert from old to new style, i haven't had a
chance to sort out if it is possible to keep entities through the
transformation, i suggest in the meantime keep your old profiles as
they are, and use the stylesheet to produce an intermediate until this
is fixed, if possible.

Any problems let me know, i've done some testing of the conversion, but
the old style syntax had some, um, freedom of expression which made it
a bit fiddly.

No i dont plan on adding XSLT support to perl alfs any time soon :)

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org