<setenv>, <stage>

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Apr 1 15:02:01 PST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:19:43PM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > <stage name="setup">
> >     <env>
> > 	<name>CPPFLAGS</name>
> > 	<value>blahal</value>
> >     </env>
> >
> >     <configure>
> > 	<dir>/usr/src/blah-0.1</dir>
> > 	<option>--prefix=/usr</option>
> >     </configure>
> > </stage>
> >
> > And it gets unset when it exit's out of this stage?  I duno, just an
> > idea that popped into my head.
>
> I think there may still be a place for <stageinfo> when setting the
> environment etc. just to group all the settings together, just IMHO.

I agree. And I like the above (heh, for now, I should say ;).

BTW, I suggest we start a new thread soon, about renaming some elements.
Just renaming, nothing more and mainly for consistency reasons:

If you ask me, <stageinfo> and <search_replace> don't belong in
the same profile.

<stageinfo> and <searchreplace>, or
<stageInfo> and <searchReplace>, or
<stage_info> and <search_replace>