<setenv>, <stage>

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 1 14:13:51 PST 2002

Yo,

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:06:37PM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> I see what you mean, but i still like the idea. Maybe it would improve
> readability to have the stage name as an attribute, it would then be
> more obviously attached to that particular stage ? Still keep all the
> other stuff in <stageinfo>. Or maybe it just shouldn't be a replacement
> for the *build stuff, but instead used specifically for modifying the
> environment, and i use environment in its broad term, including user
> and group as well as variables ?

What if we used.. Like Lee, you and myself have tried to suggest the
name as an attributed, So that we have like;

<stage name="build">
    <make>
	<dir>/usr/src/sed-3.02</dir>
    </make>
</stage>

And for things like, su/user/group/env, just add in elements, like;

<stage name="setup">
    <env>
	<name>CPPFLAGS</name>
	<value>blahal</value>
    </env>

    <configure>
	<dir>/usr/src/blah-0.1</dir>
	<option>--prefix=/usr</option>
    </configure>
</stage>

And it gets unset when it exit's out of this stage?  I duno, just an
idea that popped into my head.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org