Unwanted Optimizations

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 1 08:00:52 PST 2002

Yo,

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:11:47AM +0200, Neven Has wrote:
> But it's still a bit tricky to do this properly, since all
> setting/unsetting you have done is lost when backend stops executing.
>
> Using a container/parent element for setting the environment (as in
> <stage>) should solve this.

Huh?  Show me some code then, cause i don't see how that makes it any
easier to solve this problem.

I've seen _alot_ of ppl talk about stage and how they believe it should
be implemented, all i've seen are small code snippets, nothing past a
single package, so i'm very skepital to see what huge difference it can
make.  Yes perhaps it can do a good job to groups things, however that
isn't the only use for something like <stage>, imho ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org