Alfs cvs/website status update

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Tue Sep 25 15:33:51 PDT 2001

On 2001.09.25 13:48 Neven Has wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:20:23PM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > So here is my thinking. The profile is parsed by frontend, sent to
> > backend and parsed again, but because this is attribute content it
> isn't
> > unescaped. With the patch in place, the action message sent to
> > frontend is converted because it's no longer an attribute, but element
> > content.
>
> Yeah, very possible. I haven't looked much deeper into code, so I
> wouldn't
> know exactly, but it seems that there are a lot of such escaping,
> unescaping
> and similar (maybe even unnecessary) stuff in there.
>
> I'll try at least fixing this issue when I get some free time for it,
> if somebody else doesn't fix it first.
>

> Neven

Well I've now tried with ALFS-0.0.7 from cvs, and confirmed it is the same
version I've been using. I still get the problem with and without the
patch, so since it works for you I'd say we're barking up the wrong
proverbial tree. Which version of expat, XML::Parser and XML::Twig are you
using ? Would anyone mind if I tried cleaning up the backend/frontend code
a bit ?

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org