passwd?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Sep 20 08:05:43 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 06:29:03PM +0200, Daniel Nielsen wrote:
> I've been playing a lot with the nALFS program...
>
> But i have a question (not nALFS specific)
>
> How do you change the passwd for user root before reboot? (in the XML
> profile)
>
> Any hints as to how this can be done automagically are greatly
> appreciated!

Well, it is a bit nALFS specific - currently, you can't send any input
to the commands being executed. For example you can't do a simple:

    <system_command>passwd</system_command>

and then enter your password, new password or whatever.
The program would just block.

Something like that should probably be implemented, I only have to see
whether some new tag, or special attribute to <system_command> must be
added or not (like <system_command requires_input="yes"> for example).

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org