Alfs cvs/website status update

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Wed Sep 19 16:03:45 PDT 2001

On 2001.09.17 14:16 Neven Has wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 02:23:54AM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> > OK, just to keep everyone updated.
> > 	I've gotton most of the cvs changes done; still have to DL and
> > put up the latest roryo profiles.  Old Perl ALFS also in there.  Has
> any
> > one tried the patch posted by Neven on 9-10-2001 about that "
> > issue?  I just noticed that in my mailbox and I'll get that in a
> patches
> > sub dir in cvs soon.  If anyone else has patches BTW for the Old Perl
> > ALFS feel free to post to this list.
> > 	The website is hot on my list after the rest of cvs is updated.
> > There'll be a nice mention of nALFS and a link to the current nALFS
> > homepage as well as major updates to the timeline whitepaper.  I think
> > the general info needs quite a bit of updating also.  Also, links to
> the
> > ALFS cvs will be added  Any other burning desires for change?  Am I
> > missing anything?  Any other suggestions for additions?
>
> Just a few comments about CVS (I should have done this before you did
> the changes, so sorry about that):
>
> o   oldPerl/Nevan_FE_BE/ (ignoring the typo :) is not only my work.
>     Bryan and David did a lot of changes, so maybe just call it
>     oldPerl/frontend_backend, FE_BE or something like that?
>
> o   OLD/ is Perl too, so maybe it should go to oldPerl/ ? I have no idea
> how
>     to name it though. Perhaps just oldPerl/backend/ ?
>     With oldPerl/frontend_backend/ above, it would be clearer what it is.
>
> o   OLD/profiles is ancient and should be removed since we now have
> profiles/.
>     Also, OLD/contrib would be better in contrib/ perhaps?
>
> o   And how about unpacking ALFS-0.0.7.tar.bz2 and newALFS.tar.bz2 ?
>     They are not very useful being in CVS, packed like that.
>
> These are only the suggestions of course, and confusing everybody was NOT
> my intention. :)
>
> Great work Jason.
>

> Neven

Good stuff with the CVS, it actually looks like ALFS has some life in it :)
Still trying
to resolve the " issue, Neven's patch was no good, I think it's a
deeper issue,
possibly due to the use of the default DTD. I've actually got around to
reading the
basics of XML at last, as far as I can tell attributes are normally CDATA,
therefore
are not parsed, so this behaviour is not unexpected, what does everyone
think ?
I'll try a few tweaks when I get a chance.

On a related note, anyone working on a DTD for the original or proposed XML
syntax ?

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org