Alfs cvs/website status update

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 18 06:16:11 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 02:26:35AM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:

> > These are only the suggestions of course, and confusing
> > everybody was NOT
> > my intention. :)
>
> 	OK, I've managed to confuse my self!  It's late and I can't
> figure out how to remove a dir from cvs.  Gosh, I've tried like every
> combination of cvs remove with -fR and CVS update with -P.  Nothing
> seems to work; is there a trick?  :/

CVS is a major PITA when it comes to directories. I still haven't been
able to figure out how to do this, other than just logging into the
server and remove/move/rename directory directly.

That's what I recommend you doing, login to the server, cd into
/home/cvsroot/ALFS and your work there.

After you have done your work on the server, run cvs update -P to get
that directory removed from your local copy (or run rm -r dirname, but
cvs update is a good test to make sure CVS isn't confused now).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org