Alfs cvs/website status update

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Sep 17 06:16:10 PDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 02:23:54AM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> OK, just to keep everyone updated.
> 	I've gotton most of the cvs changes done; still have to DL and
> put up the latest roryo profiles.  Old Perl ALFS also in there.  Has any
> one tried the patch posted by Neven on 9-10-2001 about that "
> issue?  I just noticed that in my mailbox and I'll get that in a patches
> sub dir in cvs soon.  If anyone else has patches BTW for the Old Perl
> ALFS feel free to post to this list.
> 	The website is hot on my list after the rest of cvs is updated.
> There'll be a nice mention of nALFS and a link to the current nALFS
> homepage as well as major updates to the timeline whitepaper.  I think
> the general info needs quite a bit of updating also.  Also, links to the
> ALFS cvs will be added  Any other burning desires for change?  Am I
> missing anything?  Any other suggestions for additions?

Just a few comments about CVS (I should have done this before you did
the changes, so sorry about that):

o   oldPerl/Nevan_FE_BE/ (ignoring the typo :) is not only my work.
    Bryan and David did a lot of changes, so maybe just call it
    oldPerl/frontend_backend, FE_BE or something like that?

o   OLD/ is Perl too, so maybe it should go to oldPerl/ ? I have no idea how
    to name it though. Perhaps just oldPerl/backend/ ?
    With oldPerl/frontend_backend/ above, it would be clearer what it is.

o   OLD/profiles is ancient and should be removed since we now have profiles/.
    Also, OLD/contrib would be better in contrib/ perhaps?

o   And how about unpacking ALFS-0.0.7.tar.bz2 and newALFS.tar.bz2 ?
    They are not very useful being in CVS, packed like that.

These are only the suggestions of course, and confusing everybody was NOT
my intention. :)

Great work Jason.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org